1. At the airport, getting ready for an 11-hour flight. Comfort is essential; wearing my favourite boyfriend jeans from Noisy may, GAP leapoard sneakers (similar here), Petit Bateau jumper (similar here), Zara blazer (similar here) and my essential LV tote.
2. My fiancee surprised me last minute with Business Class tickets, so it was probably the most comfortable and relaxed I have been whilst flying (I am a nervous flyer!)
3. Just arrived and popped out for dinner to our local neighbourhood (Beverly Hills). Wearing Zara blazer, Tucker top, Urban Outfitters denim shorts and Pieces sandals.
4. We woke up at 4am the next day (terrible jet lag), so went hiking in Runyon Canyon. One of the highlights was seeing the sun rise over L.A. Magical moment!
1. It would be an understatement to say I ate some carbs (gulp). The portions were huge, but yummy!
2. Our favourite go-to spot, Soho House in West Hollywood. The views… well you can see for yourself. We enjoyed multiple nights there for dinner and drinks overlooking this, or in their beautiful garden room. Unfortunately it’s members-only (you can enter with other members.) It’s a must and the ultimate place to celeb spot (not that I was looking at all, hrm.)
3. Sunday morning top tip? The infamous Melrose Trading Post. Also known as the top blogger spot; notably the girls from Sincerly Jules, Song of Style and Ring my Bell, are spotted there all the time (*self confessed Instagram stalker*). It’s got an amazing vintage clothing section (Levi’s denim cut-off’s for $10!) and jewellery, however I was particularly interested in their interior and vintage antiques; we ended up buying the most amazing record player from the 70s. My other half was ecstatic.
4. Another highlight from California was Malibu. Only 45 min by car (on a good day) and in general, pretty amazing. We went to Paradise Cove, which albeit super busy and popular, it was stunning.
1 & 2. Paradise Cove, Malibu.
4. My Prada sunglasses was essential in this picture; it’s 7am and we are on a roadtrip to VEGAS!
1. An essential stop en route to Vegas – a 50’s diner in the middle of the Nevada desert. To say it was a surreal and strange experience, would be an understatement!
2. Arrived! We stayed at the beautiful Encore Resort, part of The Wynn. It was absolutely stunning and the views were, well you can see for yourself!
3. Getting ready for a night out; we were too tired for a show, so ended up going for dinner at Lavo, Vegas’s top restaurant/lounge/nightclub. The food was not great, but amazing athmosphere! Vegas conclusion: It was fun, but I won’t be going back in a hurry!
4. Finally, we arrived to Laguna Beach, Orange County (what a contrast from Vegas!). We stayed at the most beautiful boutique hotel, Casa Laguna Inn & Spa. I cannot fault this place and recommend it enough! It was very small and cozy, wonderful food, service, rooms and people. It was so nice, we immediately extended our stay there!
1. A 5-min walk from our hotel, we found paradise at Victoria Beach. With wooden huts on the beach, crystal clear water and white sand – it was ultimate bliss. There was even mini sand sharks (friendly) and dolphins. Needless to say, we decided to spent the next two days there.
2. In the evenings we jumped on this (free) shuttle into town! How cute!
3. View from our bedroom…
4. The most amazing fresh breakfasts in morning.
2. Last night in Laguna Beach, was spent at The Cliff, a restaurant quite litterally on the cliff overlooking the ocean and sunset.
3 & 4. Next stop; Balboa Island & Newport Beach! Our favourite of the two was Balboa Island, a mini island off Newport, with beautiful houses on the canal – we spent the first part of the day just kayaking around. Newport Beach was nice, but not near as beautiful and idyllic as Laguna.
1 & 2. Back in L.A and met up with our lovely friends from London who’ve taken the leap and moved to L.A! Jealous much? We went to the weekly Twilight Concert on Santa Monica beach, which is hosted every Thursday during the summer. So much fun!
3. Just about every morning we got up early and had a run or powerwalk, finishing off at our local Whole Foods for a green juice. I could certianly get used to this kind of life…
4. The best ice chai tea in town came from the health cafe concept, Urth Caffe. Wish we had this place in London!
1. It was 39 degrees in L.A, so all we ended up doing some days were jumping in and out of air-conditioned shops (any excuse really).
2. En route to yet another night out at Soho House (yes, we did go to other places as well!)
3 & 4. With the lovely Emily + fun times in the photo booth at Soho House!
1. On our way to Matsuhisa, the original restaurant from the founder of Nobu, Nobuyuki Matsuhisa. The food? Much better than Nobu and half the price! It’s more understated and less pretenous than Nobu (which we preferred). We ended up going back twice – the Black Cod is to die for!
2. Spent the day in Santa Monica, tracking down some home comforts from my favourite local cafe here in London, Le Pain Quotidien.
3. We met up with our other mates from London, who are on a round world trip, and just happened to be in L.A at the same time! Here at Bar Marmont, part of Chateau Marmont. Another must-see if you’re in town, either for dinner or just drinks.
4. Sad face. En route back to London. Hope to see you again soon L.A!