One of the things that excites me the most about Spring, is not only the warmer weather and a new wardrobe re-fresh… But a switch in eating habits; swapping heavier and starchier ingredients, for fresh and light veggies and fruit! I am a salad girl at heart; and no, not a boring salad girl at heart – far from it; the more experimental and tastier ingredients, the better! And who said salad was a boring anyways? I don´t really follow recipes when it comes to my salads, but tend to just go for what I fancy during my weekly food shop… Here is a typical every-day lunch for me during Spring – a salad with a mouthwatering (and healthy) dressing, served with a slice of my superfood bread…
So as I was saying, my salads chop and change every day and week; I love to follow my nose (rather than my shopping list) in my local food store – thereby I pick exactly what my body is craving (i.e what my body actually needs). I sometimes like to add fruit in my salads, for a bit added sweet and sour flavour, and make sure the dressing is always creamy and full of flavour.
This week, after a long and indulgent holiday in France where I was eating mainly baguettes and cheese (!) – I fancied lots of different fresh ingredients – from green leaves, pomegranate, avocado, nutritious seeds – a real superfood salad in other words. Hope you love it as much as I do!
SUPERFOOD SALAD WITH SESAME & TAMARI DRESSING
For 1 Person
Mixed Green Leaves / Cooked Beetroot / Cucumber / Radishes / Avocado / Green Olives / Pomegranate / Hard Boiled Eggs / Chia Seeds / Hemp Seeds
Olive Oil / Sesame Oil / Tamari Paste / Apple Cider Vinegar / Lemon Juice / Nutritional Yeast / Cracked Pepper
* I haven´t used specific measurements here, as I just tend to throw it all together depending on how hungry I am – and the dressing, I always make it to taste.
1. Pop the salad leaves in the bowl, chop all the veggies up, and mix together.
2. Drizzle the seeds over the salad.
3. Make the dressing, pour over and mix well.
4. If you´re extra hungry, serve with a slice of my Superfood Bread (or any bread/cracker of your choice).