Can anyone else believe it´s the second week of December already? Not that I´m complaining – I LOVE Christmas. Although I´m a self-confessed sun worshipper and live for the summer months, my second (if not equal) favourite time of the year, is the month of December. It´s just so magical and cozy! So in celebration of a new month, I have rounded up some of my favourite things right now and in the lead up to Christmas…
1. My perfume obsession continues, and my current favourite is the latest fragrance from Jimmy Choo, Illicit Eau de Parfum, which is the perfect combination of floral and aromatic, with ginger, rose, jasmine and sandalwood. One of the many reasons I love perfume so much, is that they evoke so many memories and can signify a specific time, or period of your life. This one will always be my December 2015 fragrance.
2. I often struggle with sleep from time to time, especially during stressful and busy periods, when I´ve got a lot on my mind. Other than feeling very groggy the next morning, my skin can often look quite tired and limp after a restless night; hence why my skincare is key. I´ve been using Neal´s Yard Beauty Sleep Concentrate for the past few weeks, and I love how it really nourishes with the antioxidant-rich grape seed oil, and smoothes the skin, leaving it feeling so much more recharged the next day.
3. My obsession with scented candles continues, and when I heard that one of my favourite high street retailers, & Other Stories were doing a collaboration with renowned New York-based perfumer Jérôme Epinette of Robertet – I was intrigued. The result is a collection of super pretty and delicious candles (as well as the perfect Christmas gift). I love the ´Le Grand Moyeu` in particular, which is salted fig and bergamot.
4. December is a lot of fun, with a lot of parties, drinks and late nights. Aside from my trusted Caudalié Beauty Elixir face spray – I have recently started using this water spray from Institut Esthederm – which literally works as an “energy bomb”, helps freshen up a tired face, boosts glow and vitality (in other words, a total lifesaver).
5. I´ve started boxing at this incredible place called Box Clever Sports in Notting Hill, and in the lead up to my Mexican holiday, I was training there five days a week. This Mio Workout Wonder Gel has been a saviour for my tired body and sore muscles! As well as it being really soothing, it also helps energise and recover the body a lot quicker.
6. You just can´t go wrong with Celiné sunglasses, and I´m so happy with my latest investment with the classic ´Radical` shape. I´m a big fan of the timeless tortoise print and colour, and although I love my feminine and oversized styles; I also like more masculine and neutral shapes – which go with just about any outfit and look.
7. I love more classic lipstick shades, and this one from Bobbi Brown is a winner, with the soft shade of nude pink. I´m also a big fan of their Deluxe Eye & Cheek Palette kit, which is everything you need for a glowing complexion; from muted browns, nude and shimmer for your eyes, to the rosy cheek blushers. With this classic colour combination, the kit is the ideal investment piece to take you throughout the seasons, from day-to-night (as well as it being the perfect Christmas gift!).
8. One of my (many) guilty pleasures when it comes to bedtime, aside from silk and Egyptian cotton sheets – are good quality pyjamas. I love nothing more then jumping into really soft, cotton PJ´s. My new favourites at the moment belong to British brand YAWN – I love the classic pastel blue cotton of these ones (although they do plentiful of more quirky and printed styles), with the soft drawstring and comfortable fit.