It’s a busy season, with a lot of good food and drink, and although I have finally come to a stage in my life where I welcome all of that (without the usual guilt), I also don’t love the feeling of too much alcohol and heavy food, and all the bloating and sluggishness that comes with that. So following an evening out, I love making this go-to reset juice, as I like to call it; which does exactly that, resets and restores your body. It helps with bloating, fuels you with hydrating liquid, cools your body down (I always feel hot and bothered after alcohol and greasy food), and is vitamin K and A rich (helps strengthen the immune system and regulates blood sugar). I make it first thing in the morning (after having a large glass of water first), then I wait at least 1 hour before eating anything else, to give my stomach a little rest.
Makes two small jugs of juice, which will last you for 3-4 days
– 3 organic celery packs
– 2 large organic cucumbers
– 2 lemons
* When it comes to juices, I try to source everything organic, in particular celery and cucumber which often have a lot of pesticides in them. If you can’t source organic, make sure you wash the celery thoroughly, and peel the skin off the cucumber. As lemon has a hard protective skin around it, I don’t usually get organic lemons.
1. Wash the celery and cucumber and chop it up in chunky pieces
2. Peel the lemon
3. Juice everything together (I use this juicer)
4. Pour into the jugs, then serve up a large glass and enjoy first thing on an empty stomach