Another week, another shearling biker jacket… Although the love is still very much strong for this reason investment in classic black – I just couldn’t resist this camel version from REISS, which subsequently also happened to be in the sale (and so similar to the iconic Acne Velocite, to half the price). Yet, another wardrobe investment…
When investing and paying that bit extra for something truly special – I always need to make sure it fits my criteria – in order to justify the spend. Gone are the days of mindless shopping, and everything that goes into my wardrobe, needs to fit within my shopping checklist…
SO, WHAT MAKES A CLASSIC WARDROBE INVESTMENT?
1. It has to be a timeless piece – a classic style that has proven the test of time (i.e – it never goes in, or out of fashion).
2. It has to be in a neutral colour that goes with everything in your wardrobe – making it much more versatile.
3. It´s pricey (hence the need to justify it), but in excellent quality – something that will withstand the test of time and can be used over, and over again (which makes the cost per wear much lower – making the investment all the more worth it!).
4. Good quality always translates into good quality materials; always opt for natural fibres and materials such as leather, suede, cotton, linen… They will last you longer (if taken with care).
4. Finally – if you can find over 3 different ways to style it – you know you´ve got a winner!